This 26-story tower was built as a cooperative in 1966 on the site of a chateau-like mansion that had been erected by Isaac Brokaw in 1887. It is considered to be one of the city's better postwar apartment towers. Enlivened by slightly projecting limestone window bays, its composition gives the tower a strong sense of verticality, accentuating the already dramatic break with the traditional line of the avenue's apartment houses. There are large picture windows with slender limestone reveals, a dramatic entrance and a large, landscaped outdoor plaza with planters and seating. In addition to the plaza, the building, which now has 45 apartments, has spectacular views to the west and south as well as a garage and a driveway. Additional amenities include a full-time doorman, elevator and concierge. The building's prime location is near everything the Upper East Side has to offer including the shops and galleries of Madison Avenue, The Frick Collection, The Whitney Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Guggenheim Museum and more.