Built in 1915 and converted to a cooperative in 1985, this 13-story red-brick residence was designed by Charles A. Platt and built by Vincent Astor. It is one of the city's few grand apartment buildings erected around a large garden courtyard. The U shaped building has a beautifully-landscaped formal English garden at its center with flowering plants and mature shade trees. The building's 156 apartments plus a penthouse level with newly built homes with private roof terraces are known for their graciously-sized layouts, parquet floors, high beamed ceilings, crown moldings, fireplaces and other pre-war details. Amenities at this pet-friendly co-op include a full-time doorman, a common roof terrace, children's playroom, bike room, laundry room and resident manager. Riverside Park, with its bike and walking paths, playgrounds and dog runs, is nearby, and the Upper West Side's main thoroughfare, Broadway, is just steps away, offering classic neighborhood shopping and restaurants.