Situated between Aspen and Carbondale resides this charming, historic mountain town in the Roaring Fork Valley—Basalt. With architectural homages to the classic days of mining and western lifestyles in Old Town, as well as booming modern amenities and shops in the Willits area, Basalt provides an escape from the hustle and bustle of larger areas without skipping out on conveniences.
Many are drawn to the area for its world-renowned, Gold Medal fishing with both the Roaring Fork River and Frying Pan River running through town, as well as the Ruedi Reservoir being just a short drive up the road—one of the area’s largest bodies of water. Explore the Rio Grand Trail for hiking and biking, or head to town to enjoy a meal from one of the many restaurant patios.
From golf course communities and ranch properties, to contemporary townhomes and historic Victorians – Basalt prides itself on having something for every mountain enthusiast and homebuyer.
Things to love about Basalt
- A Classic Old Town Area and A Newly Built Willits Area
- Direct Access to Hiking, Biking, and Climbing Trails
- Direct Access to Gold Medal Waters on the Frying Pan River and Roaring Fork River
- Home to the Ruedi Reservoir
- Vibrant Event Schedules with Concerts, Art Markets, and More!